APPOINTMENTS AND FEES
Appointments can be made either in person or by phoning 07 3841 1011 during business hours. Online booking for existing patients is available for Dr Rosemary Caird, Dr Julia Rollston and Dr Kellen Armour via Hot Docs .
It is important to consider what issues you are hoping to cover during the appointment so we can book the right length appointment for you. A rough guide follows.
A standard consultation is 15 minutes long and is usually suitable to cover one to two issues. Types of issues dealt with during a standard consultation may include:
- Antenatal check up (not initial appointment)
- Blood pressure
- Breast check
- Cold or Flu
- Ear infection/pain
- Medical certificate for sick day
- Minor Injury
- Pap Smear only
- Pregnancy test
- Preventative heath check
- Repeat scripts
- Skin check
- Skin infection, rash, bites
- Sore eye
- Sports Injury
- STI check
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Vaginal discharge/thrush
- Antenatal initial assessment and referrals
- Baby check up and immunisation
- First consultation for undiagnosed back pain, dizziness, headache, tiredness
- Completion of Centrelink or Workcover documentation
- Complex or multiple health issues requiring close monitoring
- Drivers Medical Certificate
- Ear suctioning
- Follow up results - more than 2 issues
- GP Chronic Disease Management Plan
- Health Assessments
- Implanon Insertion or Removal
- Medical exams and reports (Employment, Insurance)
- Mental Health Assessment/Plan (eg anxiety, depression or stress)
- New patient
- Postnatal check 7-10 days and 6 weeks (mother and baby)
- Skin lesion biopsy or excision
- Office tests such as ABI, ECG, Spirometry
- Travel medicine advice and immunisation
- Women’s Health eg Pap Smear + breast check/other items, Contraception counselling/initiation, Menopause.
SMS reminders are sent to your mobile phone one business day before your appointment. Please confirm your appointment by responding to the SMS or calling our reception staff. Alternatively, our reception staff will phone if SMS is not available.
If you are unable to attend an appointment, please let us know, we may be able to give that time to another patient.
Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your appointment time to complete paperwork. You can also download the paperwork to complete at home and bring with you.
New ADULT patient registration form
New CHILD patient registration form
Keeping your details up to date
At each visit, it is a Medicare requirement and thus our policy to verify your details including name, DOB, address, Medicare/DVA number, concession cards, next of kin and emergency contacts.
Update your details form
Fees and Billing
As a bulk billing practice, all Medicare eligible services are bulk billed. Non-Medicare eligible services such as employment medicals, commercial driver’s license, Worker's Compensation or medical/insurance reports will attract a fee payable at the time of consultation.
It is the patient’s responsibility to ensure Medicare, Health Care, Aged Pension and Veteran’s Affairs cards are kept current in the practices’ records. Patient details are verified at each appointment.
Afterhours fees are handled by Home Doctor Service.
Hearing Specialist Fees are managed by Bloom Hearing Services.